Wilderness First Aid – Multiple dates for 2020
**To register please contact email@example.com or (604) 846-1984**
Outdoor adventuring is awesome! Coming back safely is even better. Enter 20hr Wilderness First Aid! Designed for weekend warriors, scout and guide leaders and wilderness instructors staying closer to help.
We add basic shelter construction on top of the normal content because of the environment we play in. All of this is taught by Wilderness Guides, so you’re sure to have an epic time.
We offer Free Skill Refreshers for up to 2 years after the course.
Occupational First Aid Compliant – Effective September 1, 2018
This course counts for 20 credits towards keeping your EMR License current
No previous first aid course experience is required. Participants should be in good physical condition and have a strong understanding of the English language.
- Feb 1-2
- March 14-15
- April 25-26
- July 18-19
- October 3-4
- November 21-22
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid with CPR C and AED
Valid for 3 years
$259.95 + GST
***Promotion: $459.95 + GST if you book both your WFA and Advanced WFA.
- Preparation and Planning
- Your Health
- What is the P.L.A.N.T.M.? (when dealing with a person this will help decide if the person should stay on trip, should they should be taken to help by the party, or whether help should be brought to the party)
- Airway Emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation Emergencies
- First Aid for Respiratory and Cardiac Arrest
- Wound Care
- Bone, Muscle, and Joint Injuries
- Head and Spine Injuries
- Environmental Situations
- Cold and Heat Related Emergencies
- Medical Emergencies
- Evacuation and Transportation
- Extended Care
A full gear list will be provided by your instructor.
You should be prepared to bring gear to simulate an overnight camping trip.