Grab a shovel and a friend, it’s trail building time!
Volunteers were hard at work in the Chilliwack Community Forest Friday evening completing another 200 meters of trail, nice work guys! If you weren’t able to make it out Friday evening your next chance is Sunday, July 19. This is the last big push to get the trail complete so grab a shovel, tell a friend and lets show the Chilliwack Park Society and our local trails some love!
We ask that you bring closed toe shoes, gloves, water and a shovel or pick. As well, the Chilliwack Park Society asks that you please read over the following information and fire precautions that will be exercised that day:
- NO SMOKING. Ever. Not even a little bit.
- Sparkwatchers – There will be a few full time spark watchers. If you need a break from shovelling you too can be a sparkwatcher!
- Fire Suppression Tools – There will be a demonstration on how to use your tools to fight fire. Some other useful tools are: fire flappers, heavy mops and thick aluminum rakes.
- Water Containers – Please bring industrial buckets full of water if you have them. They will be stationed around the work area. Note: Allan Road is STEEP! Keep this in mind when filling them.
- Avoid Big Hunks of Granite! – Luckily, our next task is an open area with high cover and lots of ferns.
The next trail building session will take place at 51996 Allan Road at 1:00 pm on Sunday, July 19. Bring along your friends and family and lets finish up this trail!