Cambie Loop Snowshoeing Trip: Beginner/Family Friendly 01/13
Manning Park offers stunning scenery and easy access for novice snowshoers.
Cambie Creek Loop is a pleasant snowshoe which make a nice outing for the whole family! People of all ages can enjoy this easy day trip on gentle terrain with moderate elevation change. Along the way we will look for animal prints, learn about the environment and enjoy the snow. Distance traveled will be approximately 5 kilometres, with an option to choose a shorter loop and build a snow cave!
Trips include lunch, snacks, and a hot drink.
Cost: $99.99 + GST/adult
Family Rate: $249.99+ GST includes two adults & two kids
Cambie Loop Snowshoeing Trip: Beginner/Family Friendly 01/13 Itinerary
January 13, 2018
8:00am Meet at Mt. Waddingtons 5643 Vedder Road (park in the Save on Foods parking lot)
8-8:30am Waivers and Gear Check before heading out
9:00-9:30am Stop at Blue Moose in Hope bathroom break and/or coffee
10:30am Arrive at Cambie Creek trail head, gear up and start snow-shoeing. We will be snowshoeing around 3.5-4 hours depending on speed of group.
2:00pm Back to van, load up, and head out
5:00pm Arrive back at Mt. Waddington’s
*OPTION: to take your own transportation up to Cambie trail-head, especially if you have little ones that may need car-seats, etc.
Please bring the following:
- Backpack: This should be large enough to carry your gear for the day as well as the provided lunch
- Water: We recommend bringing 2 litres
- Footwear: Water proof hiking boots
- Socks: Don’t underestimate the power of a good pair of socks. We recommend a solid pair of wool hiking socks. Prone to blisters? Double up on socks: first a light liner followed by a pair of thicker socks.
- Clothing: Please no cotton! Bring appropriate layers for starting and stopping in a winter environment.
-Have a synthetic or wool t-shirt or long sleeve
-Fleece, down jacket, or soft shell as a mid layer
-Water proof jacket and pants
- Snacks: Lunch is provided, however you may enjoy some munchies along the trail
- Camera & Binoculars: While these are optional, we highly suggest them. There will be plenty of Kodak moments along the trail.
- Odds & ends: Sunglasses & Sunscreen! This is crucial in snow environments.
- Snowshoes and Trekking Poles with baskets- we have rental pairs available, please reserve early!
Not sure what to bring? Give us a call or stop by the store and we can hook you up with some great gear before your trip!