Say Goodbye 2017! on Needle Ridge
End 2017 in an epic way! Snowshoeing up to the Needle Ridge will be the perfect way to spend the last day! We hope you will join us for some extra special snacks and drinks for a little ridge new years celebration!
Intermediate snow-shoe trips are for those who have experience snowshoeing, but are wanting to push themselves to gain more elevation.
Needle ridge is a popular year-round destination and spectacular in the winter! On a clear day, the ridge offers fantastic views of the Coquihalla area.
Our knowledgable guides will share local history, navigational information, snow science, and more along the trail!
Lunch, snacks, and a hot drink will be provided!
We are excited to explore the wintery playground with you!
Say Goodbye 2017! on Needle Ridge Itinerary
Sunday, December 31/2017
8:00am-Meet at Mt. Waddingtons 5643 Vedder Road (park in the Save on Foods parking lot)
8-8:30am-Waivers and Gear Check
10:00am-Arrive at Needle Trailhead (Exit 217)
Gear up and start snow-shoeing (around 7kms round trip).
3:00-4:00pm-Back to van, load up, and head out
5:00-5:30pm-Arrive back at Mt. Waddingtons just in time for New Years Eve plans!
Please bring the following:
- Backpack: This should be large enough to carry your gear for the day as well as the provided lunch
- Water: We recommend bringing 2 litres
- Footwear: Water proof hiking boots
- Socks: Don’t underestimate the power of a good pair of socks. We recommend a solid pair of wool hiking socks. Prone to blisters? Double up on socks: first a light liner followed by a pair of thicker socks.
- Clothing: Please no cotton! Bring appropriate layers for starting and stopping in a winter environment.
-Have a synthetic or wool t-shirt or long sleeve
-Fleece, down jacket, or soft shell as a mid layer
-Water proof jacket and pants
- Snacks: Lunch is provided, however you may enjoy some munchies along the trail
- Camera & Binoculars: While these are optional, we highly suggest them. There will be plenty of Kodak moments along the trail.
- Odds & ends: Sunglasses & Sunscreen! This is crucial in snow environments.
- Snowshoes and Trekking Poles with baskets- we have rental pairs available, please reserve early!
Not sure what to bring? Give us a call or stop by the store and we can hook you up with some great gear before your trip!