KICKOFF Summer; Mt. Cheam Hike!-June 24
Cheam is a classic hike. Perhaps the most iconic peak in Chilliwack, Mt. Cheam offers a full 360 view of the Fraser Valley. As you make your ascent, don’t forget to look back to take in the view as you make your way up to the summit. Once at the summit you will be rewarded with an incredible view. On a clear day, the view is endless; you’ll be able to see Lady Peak directly to the South, Mt. Baker in the distance, and the communities of Chilliwack, Agassiz and Harrison. And of course, we’ll take the famous summit photo at the top.
KICKOFF Summer; Mt. Cheam Hike!-June 24 Itinerary
Saturday, June 24 2017
Start Time: 8:00 am
End Time: 5:30/6:00 pm (ish)
Please meet at Mt. Waddington’s Outdoors located at 5643 Vedder Road Chilliwack BC.
-8:00am-Meet at the store (please park at Save on Foods)
-10am-Arrive at the Cheam trail head (yes it is a 2 hour drive) we generally take one stop along the way
-Mt. Cheam is 9.5 kms with 665 metres elevation gain. Hiking time with appropriate breaks is approximately 4-5 hours round trip.
-5:30-6:00pm-Return to Mt. Waddingtons Outdoors
Trip includes transportation to and from the hike, guiding services, and lunch!
Cost: $99.99 + GST
Please bring the following:
- Backpack: This should be large enough to carry your gear for the day as well as the provided lunch
- Water: We recommend bringing 2 liters
- Shoes: Hiking boots recommended, or a good pair of running shoes or trail runners (no sandals)
- Socks: Don’t underestimate the power of a good pair of socks. We recommend a solid pair of wool hiking socks. Prone to blisters? Double up on socks: first a light liner followed by a pair of thicker socks.
- Clothing: Please no cotton! Bring weather appropriate clothing, but remember it will be colder as we gain elevation. Layers layers layers!
- Snacks: Lunch is provided, however you may enjoy some munchies along the trail
- Camera & Binoculars: While these are optional, we highly suggest them. There will be plenty of Kodak moments along the trail.
- Odds & ends: Weather dependent, you may want to bring along a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Swimmable under garments or bathing suit (optional) After the hike we have an optional but totally refreshing dip in Spoon Lake! A perfect addition to a day of hiking.
Not sure what to bring? Give us a call or stop by the store and we can hook you up with some great gear before your trip!
Questions? Email email@example.com