Lightning Lakes Snowshoeing Trip (Beginner) – December 20th
Beginner snowshoe trips are designed for people of all ages and abilities. Perfect for families and first time snowshoers, they feature relatively flat terrain, beautiful scenery and plenty of opportunities to take photos and sip hot chocolate in a winter wonderland.
Lightning Lake is a perfect beginner snowshoe trip. It is a nice 8km trail around the lakes chain. Enjoy amazing scenery while surrounded by mountains on all sides and explore deep within the Manning Park wilderness.
Lightning Lakes Snowshoeing Trip (Beginner) – December 20th Itinerary
7:30am – Meet at Mt. Waddingtons 5643 Vedder Road (park in the Save on Foods parking lot)
7:30-8am – Waivers and Gear Check
8am-Leave MWO. We will stop at Blue Moose in Hope bathroom break and/or coffee on our way
10:00 – Arrive at Lightning Lakes Trailhead, gear up and start snowshoeing.
3:30pm – Back to van, load up, and head out
5:00pm ish – Arrive back at Mt. Waddingtons
Please bring the following:
- Backpack: This should be large enough to carry your gear for the day as well as your lunch
- Water: We recommend bringing 2 litres
- Footwear: Water proof hiking boots, or snow boots
- Socks: Don’t underestimate the power of a good pair of socks. We recommend a solid pair of wool hiking socks. Prone to blisters? Double up on socks: first a light liner followed by a pair of thicker socks.
- Clothing: Please no cotton! Bring appropriate layers for starting and stopping in a winter environment.
-Have a synthetic or wool t-shirt or long sleeve
-Fleece, down jacket, or soft shell as a mid layer
-Water proof jacket and pants
- Food: We recommend that you bring your own lunch and snacks.
- Camera & Binoculars: While these are optional, we highly suggest them. There will be plenty of Kodak moments along the trail.
- Odds & ends: Sunglasses & Sunscreen! This is crucial in snow environments.
- Snowshoes and Trekking Poles with baskets- we have rental pairs available, please reserve early!
Not sure what to bring? Give us a call or stop by the store and we can hook you up with some great gear before your trip!