Mt. Cheam Hike: July 14 – TRIP FULL
Perhaps the most iconic peak in Chilliwack, Mt. Cheam offers a 360 degree view of the Fraser Valley and surrounding mountains. On a clear day, the view is endless. You’ll see Lady Peak directly to the South, Mt. Baker in the distance, and the communities of Chilliwack, Agassiz and Harrison. And of course, we’ll take the famous summit photo at the top.
Cost: $99 + GST per person
Mt. Cheam Hike: July 14 – TRIP FULL Itinerary
Saturday, July 14
Start Time: 8:00 am
End Time: 6:00 pm (ish)
Please meet at Mt. Waddington’s Outdoors located at 5643 Vedder Road Chilliwack BC.
8:00am-Meet at the store (please park at Save on Foods located behind Mt. Waddingtons)
8:00-8:30– Waivers & Gear checks
10:00-Arrive at the Cheam trail head (yes it is a 2 hour drive) we generally take one stop along the way !
Mt. Cheam is 9.5 kms with 665 metres elevation gain. Hiking time with appropriate breaks is approximately 4-5 hours round trip.
5:30-6:00pm-Return to Mt. Waddingtons Outdoors
Trip includes full transportation, full guiding service, & watermelon after the hike!
**Please note- Lunch & Snacks is no longer included in our day hikes.
Please bring the following:
- Backpack: This should be large enough to carry your gear for the day as well as the provided lunch
- Water: We recommend bringing 2 liters
- Shoes: Hiking boots recommended, or a good pair of running shoes or trail runners (no sandals)
- Socks: Don’t underestimate the power of a good pair of socks. We recommend a solid pair of wool hiking socks. Prone to blisters? Double up on socks: first a light liner followed by a pair of thicker socks.
- Clothing: Please no cotton! Bring weather appropriate clothing, but remember it will be colder as we gain elevation. Layers layers layers!
- Lunch & Snacks: Bring enough food to keep yourself fuelled for the day!
- Camera & Binoculars: While these are optional, we highly suggest them. There will be plenty of Kodak moments along the trail.
- Odds & ends: Weather dependent, you may want to bring along a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Swimmable under garments or bathing suit (optional) After the hike we have an optional but totally refreshing dip in Spoon Lake! A perfect addition to a day of hiking.
Not sure what to bring? Give us a call or stop by the store and we can hook you up with some great gear before your trip!
Questions? Email email@example.com