Mt. Slesse Propeller Cairn: July 22
Slesse is not only a spectacular hike, but explores a piece of history. On December 9, 1956 Trans-Canada Air Lines Flight 810 crashed into Mt. Slesse. 62 passengers were on board and sadly, none of them survived. This hike will take you up to the memorial plaque and further on to the propeller cairn. You will be wowed with views of Mt. Slesse, Illusion Peaks, and Mt. Rexford.
Mt. Slesse is a world famous alpine rock climb to the summit so be sure to bring your binoculars and try to spot mountaineers from around the world en-route to the top of the Slesse spire.
Cost: $99 + GST
Mt. Slesse Propeller Cairn: July 22 Itinerary
Sunday, July 22 2018
Start Time: 8:00 am
Return Time: 6:00 pm (approximately)
Please meet at Mt. Waddington’s Outdoors located at 5643 Vedder Road Chilliwack BC.
8:00 am – Meet at the store (park at Save On Foods)
8:00-8:30 am – Waivers and gear check
8:30 am – Depart from the store
12:30 – 1:00 pm – Reach the propeller cairn for a well deserved lunch! It is a 12km round trip hike
6:00 pm – Return to Mt. Waddington’s Outdoors
Trip includes transportation, full guiding service, & watermelon after the hike!
Cost: $99 + GST
- Backpack: This should be large enough to carry your gear for the day
- Water: We recommend bringing 2 litres.
- Shoes: Hiking boots recommended, or a good pair of running shoes or trail runners (if you are confident on your feet).
- Socks: Don’t underestimate the power of a good pair of socks. We recommend a pair of wool hiking socks. Prone to blisters? Double up on socks: first a light liner followed by a pair of thicker socks.
- Clothing: Please no cotton! Bring weather appropriate clothing, but remember it will be colder as we gain elevation.
- Lunch: A good meal will help fuel you during the hike.
- Camera & Binoculars: While these are optional, we highly suggest them. There will be plenty of Kodak moments along the trail.
- Odds & ends: Weather dependent, you may want to bring along a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and bugspray.
Not sure what to bring? Give us a call or stop by the store and we can hook you up with some great gear before your trip!
Questions? Email email@example.com