Mt. Slesse Propellor Cairn Hike-July 15
Slesse is not only a spectacular hike, but explores a piece of history. On December 9, 1956 Trans-Canada Air Lines Flight 810 crashed into Mt. Slesse. 62 passengers were on board and sadly, none of them survived. This hike will take you up to the memorial plaque and further on to the propeller cairn. You will be wowed with views of Mt. Slesse, Illusion Peaks, and Mt. Rexford.
Mt. Slesse is a world famous alpine rock climb to the summit so be sure to bring your binoculars and try to spot mountaineers from around the world en-route to the top of the Slesse spire.
Mt. Slesse Propellor Cairn Hike-July 15 Itinerary
Saturday, July 15 2017
Start Time: 7:30 am
Return Time: 6:00 pm (approximately)
Please meet at Mt. Waddington’s Outdoors located at 5643 Vedder Road Chilliwack BC.
7:30 am-Meet at the store (park at Save one Foods)
8:00 am-Depart from the store
12:00 – 12:30 pm-Reach the propeller cairn around for a well deserved lunch! It is a 12km round trip hike.
6:00 pm-Return time to the store is estimated to be around although this may change depending on the group.
Trip includes transportation to and from the hike, guiding services, and lunch!
Cost: $99.99 + GST
Please bring the following:
- Backpack: This should be large enough to carry your gear for the day as well as the provided lunch.
- Water: We recommend bringing 2 litres.
- Shoes: Hiking boots recommended, or a good pair of running shoes or trail runners (if you are confident on your feet).
- Socks: Don’t underestimate the power of a good pair of socks. We recommend a solid pair of wool hiking socks. Prone to blisters? Double up on socks: first a light liner followed by a pair of thicker socks.
- Clothing: Please no cotton! Bring weather appropriate clothing, but remember it will be colder as we gain elevation. Layers layers layers!
- Snacks: Lunch is provided, however you may enjoy some munchies along the trail.
- Camera & Binoculars: While these are optional, we highly suggest them. There’ll be plenty of Kodak moments along the trail.
- Odds & ends: Weather dependent, you may want to bring along a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and bugspray.
Not sure what to bring? Give us a call or stop by the store and we can hook you up with some great gear before your trip!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org