Cambie Loop Snowshoeing Trip: Beginner/Family Friendly | 12/23
Manning Park offers stunning scenery with easy access for novice snowshoers.
Cambie Creek Loop is a pleasant snowshoe which make a nice outing for the whole family! Choose a 2.5km or 5km loop option. People of all ages can enjoy this easy daytrip on gentle terrain with moderate elevation change.
Along the way, look for animal prints and learn about the amazing ecosystem. At lunch we will break out the shovels and build snow caves!
Trips include lunch, snacks, and a hot drink.
Cost: $99.99 + GST/adult
Family Rate: $249.99+ GST (includes two adults & two kids)
Other family rates available for different numbers, please e-mail for all cost details.
Cambie Loop Snowshoeing Trip: Beginner/Family Friendly | 12/23 Itinerary
December 23, 2017
8:00am-Meet at Mt. Waddingtons 5643 Vedder Road (park in the Save on Foods parking lot)
8-8:30am-Waivers and Gear Check
9:00-9:30am-Stop at Blue Moose in Hope bathroom break and/or coffee
10:30am-Arrive at Cambie Creek Trail Head
Gear up and start snow-shoeing
Will be snowshoeing around 3.5-4 hours depending on speed of group.
2:00pm-Back to van, load up, and head out
5:00pm-Arrive back at Mt. Waddingtons
**OPTION: to take your own transportation up to Cambie trail-head, especially if you have little ones that may need car-seats, etc.
Lunch, snacks, and a hot drink will be provided!
We are excited to explore the wintery playground with you!
Please bring the following:
- Backpack: This should be large enough to carry your gear for the day as well as the provided lunch
- Water: We recommend bringing 2 litres
- Footwear: Water proof hiking boots
- Socks: Don’t underestimate the power of a good pair of socks. We recommend a solid pair of wool hiking socks. Prone to blisters? Double up on socks: first a light liner followed by a pair of thicker socks.
- Clothing: Please no cotton! Bring appropriate layers for starting and stopping in a winter environment.
-Have a synthetic or wool t-shirt or long sleeve
-Fleece, down jacket, or soft shell as a mid layer
-Water proof jacket and pants
- Snacks: Lunch is provided, however you may enjoy some munchies along the trail
- Camera & Binoculars: While these are optional, we highly suggest them. There will be plenty of Kodak moments along the trail.
- Odds & ends: Sunglasses & Sunscreen! This is crucial in snow environments.
- Snowshoes and Trekking Poles with baskets- we have rental pairs available, please reserve early!
Not sure what to bring? Give us a call or stop by the store and we can hook you up with some great gear before your trip!