Lightning Lakes Snowshoeing Trip: Beginner | 12/16
Snowshoe around a frozen lake!
Lightning Lake is a perfect beginner snowshoe trip. It is an 8km loop trail around the lake. Beginner snowshoe trips are designed for people of all ages and abilities. Perfect for families and first time snowshoers, they feature relatively flat terrain, beautiful scenery and plenty of opportunities to take photos and sip hot chocolate in a winter wonderland.
Trips include lunch, snacks, and a hot drink.
Cost: $99.99 + GST
Lightning Lakes Snowshoeing Trip: Beginner | 12/16 Itinerary
December 16, 2017
8:00am-Meet at Mt. Waddingtons 5643 Vedder Road (park in the Save on Foods parking lot)
8-8:30am-Waivers and Gear Check
9:00-9:30am-Stop at Blue Moose in Hope bathroom break and/or coffee
10:30am-Arrive at Lightning Lakes trailhead
Gear up and start snow-shoeing
Will be snowshoeing around 3.5-4 hours depending on speed of group.
3:30pm-Back to van, load up, and head out
5:30-6:00pm-Arrive back at Mt. Waddingtons
Lunch, snacks, and a hot drink will be provided!
We are excited to explore the wintery playground with you!
Please bring the following:
- Backpack: This should be large enough to carry your gear for the day as well as the provided lunch
- Water: We recommend bringing 2 litres
- Footwear: Water proof hiking boots
- Socks: Don’t underestimate the power of a good pair of socks. We recommend a solid pair of wool hiking socks. Prone to blisters? Double up on socks: first a light liner followed by a pair of thicker socks.
- Clothing: Please no cotton! Bring appropriate layers for starting and stopping in a winter environment.
-Have a synthetic or wool t-shirt or long sleeve
-Fleece, down jacket, or soft shell as a mid layer
-Water proof jacket and pants
- Snacks: Lunch is provided, however you may enjoy some munchies along the trail
- Camera & Binoculars: While these are optional, we highly suggest them. There will be plenty of Kodak moments along the trail.
- Odds & ends: Sunglasses & Sunscreen! This is crucial in snow environments.
- Snowshoes and Trekking Poles with baskets- we have rental pairs available, please reserve early!
Not sure what to bring? Give us a call or stop by the store and we can hook you up with some great gear before your trip!