Supermoon Snowshoe | 01/01
On the first day of 2018, Enjoy the one of the few Supermoons of the year! The moon is given this name when it is closest to the earth, therefore appearing much larger and brighter than usual. It will bring a magical shine to the snow as we make our way through the forest. We will stop for hot drinks and photos along the trail and return to the shop before midnight.
What a great way to welcome the new year and spend the last of the holiday’s!
Supermoon Snowshoe | 01/01 Itinerary
2:30pm – Meet at Mt. Waddington’s 5643 Vedder Road (park in the Save on Foods parking lot)
2:30pm – Waivers and Gear Check
3:00ish – Leave MWO
4:00pm – Arrive at trailhead, gear up and start snow-shoeing
10:00pm – Back to van, load up, and head out
11:00pm – Arrive back at Mt. Waddingtons
Snacks, and a hot drink will be provided.
Please bring the following:
- Backpack: This should be large enough to carry your gear for the day as well as some provided food
- Water: We recommend bringing 2 litres
- Footwear: Water proof hiking boots or winter boots
- Socks: Don’t underestimate the power of a good pair of socks. We recommend a solid pair of wool hiking socks. Prone to blisters? Double up on socks: first a light liner followed by a pair of thicker socks.
- Clothing: Please no cotton! Bring appropriate layers for starting and stopping in a winter environment.
-Have a synthetic or wool t-shirt or long sleeve
-Fleece, down jacket, or soft shell as a mid layer
-Water proof jacket and pants
- Snacks: Anything extra you may want for along the trail
- Camera & Binoculars: While these are optional, we highly suggest them. There will be plenty of Kodak moments along the trail.
- Odds & ends: Sunglasses & Sunscreen! This is crucial in snow environments.
- Headlamp: Some form of personal lighting will be necessary, headlamps are the best option as they are hands free
- Snowshoes and Trekking Poles with baskets- we have rental pairs available, please reserve early!
Not sure what to bring? Give us a call or stop by the store and we can hook you up with some great gear before your trip!