Three Falls Trail Snowshoeing Trip (Beginner) – December 22nd
Beginner snowshoe trips are designed for people of all ages and abilities. Perfect for families and first time snowshoers, they feature relatively flat terrain, beautiful scenery and plenty of opportunities to take photos and sip hot chocolate in a winter wonderland.
This relatively flat trail begins at Strawberry Flats, 7.8 km off of Hwy 3 near Manning Park Resort. The first 1.8 km portion of the trail, which is an old fire-access road, leads through an area known as Strawberry Flats. Its name comes from the abundance of wild strawberries that can be picked in late July. The Strawberry Flats trail ends at the downhill ski area and the Three Falls trail continues on to Shadow Falls, at 3.1 km, Nepopekum Falls, at 3.2 km, and the descent to Derek Falls, at 4.5 km. This is the end of the trail and consists of a large area of rocks that are perfect for taking a rest or having a bite to eat.
Three Falls Trail Snowshoeing Trip (Beginner) – December 22nd Itinerary
7:30am – Meet at Mt. Waddingtons 5643 Vedder Road (park in the Save on Foods parking lot)
7:30-8am – Waivers and Gear Check
8am-Leave MWO. We will stop at Blue Moose in Hope bathroom break and/or coffee on our way
10:00 – Arrive at Three Falls Trailhead, gear up and start snowshoeing.
3:30pm – Back to van, load up, and head out
5:00pm ish – Arrive back at Mt. Waddingtons
Please bring the following:
- Backpack: This should be large enough to carry your gear for the day as well as your lunch
- Water: We recommend bringing 2 litres
- Footwear: Water proof hiking boots, or snow boots
- Socks: Don’t underestimate the power of a good pair of socks. We recommend a solid pair of wool hiking socks. Prone to blisters? Double up on socks: first a light liner followed by a pair of thicker socks.
- Clothing: Please no cotton! Bring appropriate layers for starting and stopping in a winter environment.
-Have a synthetic or wool t-shirt or long sleeve
-Fleece, down jacket, or soft shell as a mid layer
-Water proof jacket and pants
- Food: We recommend that you bring your own lunch and snacks.
- Camera & Binoculars: While these are optional, we highly suggest them. There will be plenty of Kodak moments along the trail.
- Odds & ends: Sunglasses & Sunscreen! This is crucial in snow environments.
- Snowshoes and Trekking Poles with baskets- we have rental pairs available, please reserve early!
Not sure what to bring? Give us a call or stop by the store and we can hook you up with some great gear before your trip!