Winter Snow Photography Course | 03/10/18
Join us on a guided snowshoe hike while gaining new skills on snow photography.
We will snowshoe through our lush Pacific Northwest ecosystems, watching for animal tracks and spotting a variety of trees. We will stop at points along the trail to learn steps, tips, and tricks to winter photography. Also giving opportunities to use those skills and capture moments through the lens.
If you are a beginner or intermediate photographer; an enthusiastic amateur or budding professional, this day trip is for you!
Winter Snow Photography Course | 03/10/18 Itinerary
Saturday, January, 20, 2018
8:00am – Meet at Mt. Waddingtons 5643 Vedder Road (park in the Save on Foods parking lot)
8-8:30am – Waivers and Gear Check
8:30am – Leave MWO
10:00am – Arrive at Zoa Peak Trailhead
Gear up and start snowshoeing
3:00-4:00pm – Back to van, load up, and head out
5:00-6:00pm – Arrive back at Mt. Waddingtons
Please bring the following:
- Backpack: This should be large enough to carry your gear for the day as well as the provided lunch
- Water: We recommend bringing 2 litres
- Footwear: Water proof hiking boots
- Socks: Don’t underestimate the power of a good pair of socks. We recommend a solid pair of wool hiking socks. Prone to blisters? Double up on socks: first a light liner followed by a pair of thicker socks.
- Clothing: Please no cotton! Bring appropriate layers for starting and stopping in a winter environment.
-Have a synthetic or wool t-shirt or long sleeve
-Fleece, down jacket, or soft shell as a mid layer
-Water proof jacket and pants
- Snacks: Lunch is provided, however you may enjoy some munchies along the trail
- Camera & Binoculars: While these are optional, we highly suggest them. There will be plenty of Kodak moments along the trail.
- Odds & ends: Sunglasses & Sunscreen! This is crucial in snow environments.
- Snowshoes and Trekking Poles with baskets- we have rental pairs available, please reserve early!
Not sure what to bring? Give us a call or stop by the store and we can hook you up with some great gear before your trip!