Zoa Ridge Snowshoeing Trip: Intermediate 01/06
Intermediate snow-shoe trips are for those who have experience snowshoeing and are comfortable with some elevation gain.
Zoa Peak off of the Coquihalla is 11kms including return with an elevation gain of 635 metres.
Depending on the conditions of the day & speed of the group, the group may not make it to the true peak, but will be a great adventure none-the-less!
On a clear day, there will be stunning views of Nak & Yak Peaks, Jim Kelley Peak, Coquihalla Mountain, Falls Lake far below.
Zoa Ridge Snowshoeing Trip: Intermediate 01/06 Itinerary
8:00am-Meet at Mt. Waddingtons 5643 Vedder Road (park in the Save on Foods parking lot)
8-8:30am-Waivers and Gear Check
9:00-9:30am-Stop at Blue Moose in Hope bathroom break and/or coffee
10:30-11:00am-Arrive at Zoa Peak Trailhead
Gear up and start snow-shoeing.
4:00pm-Back to van, load up, and head out
5:30-6:00pm-Arrive back at Mt. Waddingtons
Lunch, snacks, and a hot drink will be provided! We are excited to explore the wintery playground with you!
Please bring the following:
- Backpack: This should be large enough to carry your gear for the day as well as the provided lunch
- Water: We recommend bringing 2 litres
- Footwear: Water proof hiking boots
- Socks: Don’t underestimate the power of a good pair of socks. We recommend a solid pair of wool hiking socks. Prone to blisters? Double up on socks: first a light liner followed by a pair of thicker socks.
- Clothing: Please no cotton! Bring appropriate layers for starting and stopping in a winter environment.
-Have a synthetic or wool t-shirt or long sleeve
-Fleece, down jacket, or soft shell as a mid layer
-Water proof jacket and pants
- Snacks: Lunch is provided, however you may enjoy some munchies along the trail
- Camera & Binoculars: While these are optional, we highly suggest them. There will be plenty of Kodak moments along the trail.
- Odds & ends: Sunglasses & Sunscreen! This is crucial in snow environments.
- Snowshoes and Trekking Poles with baskets- we have rental pairs available, please reserve early!
Not sure what to bring? Give us a call or stop by the store and we can hook you up with some great gear before your trip!