Adventure Guru’s Wanted
Is your happy place somewhere among the trees, river banks or high in the alpine? Are you the go-to adventure guru amongst your friend group? Mt. Waddington’s Outdoors is looking for a member to join our team at the shop to inspire and light the fires of adventure for the people who visit us. Technically we are looking for a “Sales Associate”, but we don’t like how corporate titles sound…so if you see yourself as more of a guru of the outdoors then we will get along!
We need someone who is:
- Personable, enthusiastic, and motivated
- A team player with a strong work ethic and is self-driven to provide excellent customer service.
- Holds a passion for all things outdoors (obviously).
- Is inspired by this quote: “The master in the art of living makes little distinction between their work and their play, their labor and their leisure, their mind and their body, their information and their recreation, their love and their religion. They hardly know which is which. They simply pursue their vision of excellence at whatever they do, leaving others to decide whether they are working or playing. To them, they are always doing both.”
So if you are someone who runs up stairs 2+ at a time, doesn’t mind a little dirt under the finger nails, and also doesn’t shudder at the idea of a 3am start to an adventure to be home before the shop opens then bring us a resume! Included we would like a written statement introducing yourself and describing your favorite adventure!
The Fine Print:
- This is a full-time position
- This is a long-term position with opportunities to grow (i.e. not just a summer gig)
- Must be flexible and available to work weekends and some evenings for staff training and events
- Bonus points for knowledge about the gear and products we carry
Please hand deliver resumes to Mt. Waddington’s Outdoors or email [email protected] Posting closes Friday, August 4.