When Every Ounce Matters
How light is too light? This is a question we have asked ourselves over and over again during our decades of designing and building packrafts. Our standard packrafts utilize lightweight but extremely durable materials and construction methods, which can withstand many years of hard daily use. But we recognize that sometimes the objective requires a different approach. The Ghost was designed for those looking to sacrifice durability for weight—ultra-running, exploratory canyoneering, and unexpected water crossings.
The Ghost utilizes the same hull shape but two inches shorter than the third generation Scout, which provides outstanding stability and tracking for such a small and ultralight packraft. We cut the weight to the practical minimum with a 70d ripstop nylon hull, 200d nylon floor and single seamtape construction. Weighing only 2.25lbs, you’ll barely even notice it in your pack.
The Ghost is not designed for more serious abuse from frequent use, down river travel, whitewater, or shallow rocky conditions, so please be advised when purchasing. Comparing the Ghost and the Scout, both are excellent boats for canyoneering and mountain lakes. However, we generally recommend the Scout for long term durability in those uses.
- Manufacturing: Made to Order in Mancos, Colorado
- Hull: Classic
- Tube Diameter: 10-inch
- Valve: Temper assist valve for inflation and deflation
- Attachments: Single grab loop on Stern
- Seating: No Seat. Scout Seat will fit in the Ghost, but does not have a toggle attachment.
- Build Configurations: Open
- Cargo Fly: Not Available
- Materials: Proprietary ultralight 70-denier high count nylon hull and 200-denier nylon floor (Made in USA).
- Includes: Inflation Bag, Stuff Sack, and Basic Repair Kit
- Recommended Gear: Aqua-Bound Whiskey, or Werner Corryvreckan paddles, Astral V-8 PFD
- AQUASEAL WARNING: Using the Aquaseal in the repair kit will expose you to toluene, a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
|Exterior Length||84in | 213cm|
|Exterior Width||34in | 86cm|
|Interior Length||44in | 112cm|
|Interior Width||14.25in | 36.195cm|
|Weight||2.25lb | 1.02kg|
|Packed Size**||11x5in | 28x13cm|
|Max Capacity***||225lb | 102kg|
*Weight includes all components except inflation bag, and repair kit.
**Packed size is a reference measurement based on folding in thirds lengthwise and rolling from the bow. There are many other methods of rolling and folding the boats that will result in a different packed size that may be more or less efficient for packing depending on the situation.
***Max Capacity is the maximum total weight (paddlers and cargo) that the boat can reasonably carry in flatwater under ideal conditions. Actual capacity for any given trip will vary widely based on the paddler’s skill and water conditions. Please review our weight carrying capacity guide for further details.
Hull: Proprietary ultralight 70-denier high count nylon
Floor: 200-denier nylon floor (Made in USA).
Accessories: All grab loops and similar attachments are manufactured in house in Mancos, Colorado out of scrap floor materials and USA made webbing. Small parts and fasteners are Made in USA, when available, and sourced from industry leaders like Duraflex, YKK, and ITW-Nexus.