What do you do when there is nothing on the market that does what you need? You start fresh and build your own. We've been looking for the perfect top off pump for over a decade. Something light and compact enough to fit in your backpack but durable enough for regular use. Exercise ball pumps are lightweight, compact, and cheap but difficult to use with packraft valves and easy to break. The K-Pump is elegantly designed, easy to use, Made in the USA and bombproof. It's a great pump for sidecountry and roadside use, but even the mini size is too big for backpacking.
So we built the Pack-A-Pump, featuring polycarbonate tubing and a direct thread interface with our valves so that it is half the size and weight of the K-Pump mini at only 7ounces and just over 10 inches long. It's the perfect size to fit in your pack or bow bag, but still top off your boat in about 30-40 pumps. And being the weight and space savers that we are, we added internal storage to the pump handle so you can keep your repair essentials and Cargo Fly maintenance kit on hand at all times.
Note: The Pack-A-Pump's direct thread valve interface is only compatible with post-2017 style Alpacka Raft temper assist valves. It will not work with 2016 and earlier Alpacka dump valves and nozzles or any other brand of inflatable boat.
Top Off Instructions
- Inflate your Alpacka Raft with the inflation bag.
- Once inflated, twist the Pack-A-Pump clockwise onto the threads of your valve (Not compatible with other valves).
- Pump your Pack-A-Pump until your boat is firm to the touch (1.5 - 2.0 PSI). Never exceed 2.5 PSI (hard to the touch).
- Unthread the pump by turning it clockwise and screw the valve cap back onto the valve.
- Temper your boat by putting it in the water and splashing it down. This will cause air in the tubes to contract. Repeat steps 1-4 until your boat is firm to the touch while in the water.
Warning: Overinflating your packraft or leaving a fully tempered packraft in the sun can cause irreversible damage to your packraft and Cargo Fly zipper and is not covered by warranty. Always reduce your air pressure any time you are on shore taking a break from paddling. Retemper your packraft when you are ready to paddle again.
10.25 x 2.5 inches | 26 x 6.4cm
7oz | 200g